Exclusive Doodle Grooming
All of Betty's canine clients get custom pampering, tailored to their individual needs.
- Betty grooms her clients from start to finish
- 100% Cage and Cage Dryer Free
- Positive Reinforcement with your dog’s favorite treats and toys
- Dog Centered, Relaxing, Familiar Environment: Only one household’s pets / booked appointment (up to 3 doggies at a time) so no other dogs will be around but mine.
- Only one dog in the spotlight at a time. Comfortable resting/napping spot in the grooming room for the rest of same household members.
- Pee/Poop Breaks are included (Start, Finish and hourly in between) direct access to fenced in yard from grooming shop.
- Fresh (hairless) Drinking Water Access at all times (changed after each appointment).
Betty has Experience with
- All Canine hair Types & Hair Length
- Puppy, Adult, Elderly dogs
- Beginners, Sensitive or Reactive dogs with previous bad or no grooming experience
- Dogs with amputated leg, docked tail, cropped ears or paralyzed dogs (they need special attention, due to more sensitivity around specific areas)
- Visually and/or Hearing Impaired dogs
Gentle Grooming Techniques
- No “Chin Lock” Holding for grooming or positioning the head (“Chin Lock” = Grabbing hair under the chin to keep the dog still or rotate the head) I rather hold the muzzle gently with 2 fingers only (1 on top & 1 on bottom) and provide a low distraction environment to prevent wiggle.
- The Canine client is moving Free on the table by default throughout the grooming with Betty’s 100% focus on him/her at all times.
- No Grooming Loops (but in the tub for beginner doggies, due to safety reasons)
- No muzzles
- No harnesses, or any sort of physical tightening to the table
- Exceptional Grooming on the Floor for Elderly dogs / Puppies / Beginners if necessary.
- No phone calls answered while Betty is grooming due to safety reasons.
Dog Centered Grooming Workflow
- No Routine Anal Gland Expressions, but yes routine anal gland Checkups.
- No Routine Ear Flushing. (Do not fix what is not broken! Supporting healthy ear flora by letting it be.)
- Betty uses ceramic clipper blades (they take longer to overheat and leave a lot more even haircut on the coat)
- Betty carefully and frequently checks the clipper blade temperature on herself (pressing the blade to her wrist for 5 seconds and changes the blades when necessary to avoid clipper burns on the dogs)
- Full Body Brush out, Desheding, Demating Before the Bath (No high-velocity blow dryer use on the highest setting to open up matted hair, because that is not comfortable for the dog.)
- Gentle Nail Care timed after the bath (unless they are extra long and bothering the dog)
- Nail Length Evaluation
- Dog Behavior Evaluation
- Paw Rinse and nail scrub if necessary (muddy toenails)
- Paw pad Hair Trim
- “Paw Pad Boomerang” Trim
- “Toe Mohawk” Trim
- Gentle Nail Trim (Pressure and Pain-Free)
- Gentle Hand Nail File (Pressure and Pain-Free)
- Paw Hair Brush out (it gets scruffy after holding the feet and positioning toes)
- Paw hair shape up (top of the feet)
- Nail Length, Dog Behavior Evaluation
- Further Home Nail Care Suggestions if needed
- Frequent Pee Breaks
- Immediate pickup at the time of finished haircut
Gentle Grooming Equipment Only
- quiet hand blow dryers
- quiet clippers
- No dematting rake use (a slicker brush will open up the hair so much more gentle. I do one by one shear trim for stubborn mats.)
- No de-shedding rake use (a slicker brush, bath, blow-drying will remove all the undercoat gently.)
- No electric Nail Grinders
- Gentle Detangling/Dematting/Deshedding (slicker brush, comb, rounded tip shears)
- Yes Rich Conditioner to help Brushing, Deshedding, Dematting at home
- No Deshedding Shampoos, etc.)
- Hand Blow Drying Only, No Cage Dryers at all
- Natural, Chemical Free Shampoos, Conditioners
- Natural and or Eco-Friendly Grooming and Cleaning Supplies
- No Bows
- No Bandanas
- No Hair Dying
- No Fake Nails
- No Nail Painting
- No Pony Tails
- No 3D Haircuts (e.g. turtle shape cut in St. Poodle's hair. Google it!)
- No Whitening or Darkening Shampoos
- No Perfumes or Colognes
- No leave in Shampoo or leave in Conditioner
- No Dog Show Preparations
- Customized Grooming Needs and Home Grooming Equipment Recommendation especially for your dog breed and hair type and hair length (Maintenance Between 2 groomings or Full Home Grooming Needs & Equipment)
- Professional Grooming Details Form (in case you move and want to make it a smooth provider switch with the same hair style)
- One on One "Dog Centered Grooming" Tutorial for Dog Owners, Breeders, Groomers, etc.
- Custom Tutorial Link Packages to fix behavioral and or socialization problems