Pricing is as unique and individual as your dog and there are many variables in pet grooming, therefore there is no set “pricing” for fine grooming.
Betty sets individual prices for each pet. She calculates the price based on 3 major parts:
- Labor (the time required to complete the chosen grooming service)
- Supply Fee (shampoo, conditioner, water, electricity, etc.)
- Administrative fee
* First Timer Meet and Greet
At the time of your first appointment, Betty dedicates 10-15 minutes to talk about your dog's previous grooming experiences, behavior, position preferences, health, hairstyle, Q&A. That one-time fee is called and will be seen on your receipt as "First Timer Meet and Greet" along with the other 3 items above.
Labor means the time it takes to get your dog groomed as you requested.
Dematting is included in the price in the Advanced and Full packages up to 15 minutes.
Beyond that, demating/detangling are a separate charge $50/hr. In case a doggy is badly matted, you'll discuss the options BEFORE Betty would do anything. You won't get your doggy back in a "surprise" short shave.
In case of shaving is the only humane way to go, you will be notified in advance so you will get the chance to get a second opinion if you will.
The Supply Fee (for shampoo, water, electricity, etc.) is not included in the table below.
It is custom for each dog, $5.00 or $7.00 or $10.00 / doggy, depending on the dog's size and hair length.
$9 is now added onto every session, to ensure smooth running of the business and to be able to work on future developments that all my clients will benefit from.
The Sales TAX is added to the total.
Factors, which determine the price
- Length & Quantity of Hair
- Degree of matting
- Disposition of the animal (How easy it is to handle the dog? first timer, beginner, used to it, piece of cake :)
- Difficulty of the cut (same length all over or poodle face, poodle feet, top knot or mohawks, etc.)
- Amount of scissor work / Clipper cut
- Size of pet
- Dog's age (puppies and elderly doggies need a bit more time)
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. “
Betty is happy to give you a custom estimate tailored to your dog's needs after you submitted the new client intake form.